Thursday 7 August 2014

Oreo Cake Pops

Desert Marathon Day 7:



Ah! It’s finally the last day of my desert marathon(DM) and it’s pretty late as I’m working on the last minute details of the recipe. This past week has been so chaotic and exhilarating in the kitchen, plus the shopping, cooking, writing, posting, etc was hectic enough to get me all exhausted! My day of cooking for the desert would start at my little one’s nap time and then would stay on ‘pause’ mode till he goes back to sleep in the night or else my dish would never reach the table in one piece, forget the blog! I would then lay the table or whichever spot I would be working on, place the dish with any props if needed and click away till I get enough pictures I find appropriate for posting. Next would be my write up and sometimes my son would wake up crying for milk so I would rush with a bottle and once he’s asleep, I would scoot back into my seat! Once I’m done with writing, I save it for the next day to post just in case I want to consider any changes. Thanks to my page on Facebook and Google plus, I have a wider range in readers as I keep getting personal messages from many for various stuff about the blog posts. It keeps me all geared up and exciting!


This as i said is my final recipe of the DM and thought cake pops would be a good addition. I've seen many versions online and on tv of this item but when i came across Lorraine Pascale's(she's one of my favorites) version of cake pops, i just fell in love with it! Its so easy to make and is a winner all the way. Usually they're made from cake left overs but this just needed some oreo cookies and we're good to go.




Ingredients:


Oreo biscuits 150 gms
Nutella 2 tbsp
Dark chocolate 200gms
Sprinkles


Cooking Process:


1: In a food processor, blitz the biscuits and nutella together until a muddy paste is formed.

2: Roll and shape into balls and place them in the freezer for 15 minutes so they are firm.

3: Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler and set aside to cool.

4: Take a skewer or a straw/stick and dip 1/2 an inch into the melted chocolate and then insert each one into the prepared balls. This acts as glue.

5: With a spoon, pour over the melted chocolate evenly over the balls and stick them all into a jar or glass of sugar or dough.

5: Decorate with sprinkles of your choice and leave to set in the refrigerator till they dry.

Tip:


You can use white chocolate in place of dark and add some food coloring for fun and an attractive presentation.

Follow my page on facebook:  www.facebook.com/aarti.david

No comments:

Post a Comment