Saturday 2 August 2014

Moong dal laddus


Desert Marathon Day 2:

Rakshabandhan, a day celebrated and dedicated to all the lovely brothers and sisters, is such an emotional sight in my head. God’s gifted me with two most wonderful brothers (kaushik and theja) who are my cousins and related to mum’s side. They’re my two pillars of strength and are best buddies for life. Though I’m the eldest of the lot, they’ve always treated me like a kid and have been very protective. I’ve never felt the need of an own sibling. Since three years they have been living and working in America and we so miss our late night chats and crazy jokes. Every year without fail I would tie them both a rakhi and I treasure those moments at this point in life where we're so away from each other. I’m sure everyone has that one cousin at least with whom you’re the closest to and share a special bond.

Food is a very integral part of all the festivities in India and the varieties in sweets and savories are endless. The laddu recipe that I’m sharing with you today is a simple yet delicious one. The ingredients are basic and can be a lovely present to friends/neighbours/relatives etc.

Ingredients:

Moong Dal 1 cup
Powdered sugar 1 cup
Chopped almonds 12-14
Chopped cashew nuts 12-14
Ghee 2-3tbsp

Cooking Process:


1: Roast the moong dal for about 5 minutes and grind to powder(flour) after cooling.

2:Mix and sieve the roasted moong dal flour and powdered sugar together to avoid any lumps.

3: In a pan, fry the chopped almonds and cashews till slightly browned and set aside.

4: Add the moong dal and sugar mix into the cashew/almonds and mix well.

5: Apply ghee on to the palm of your hands and shape them into laddus of your desired size.

Tip:


Can be stored in air tight containers for more than a month.

Follow my page on facebook:  www.facebook.com/aarti.david



No comments:

Post a Comment