Tuesday 5 August 2014

Choco-Vicious!



Desert Marathon Day 5:

Until now I have been cooking and posting traditional Indian deserts and thought let me think of something that is non-Indian yet the ingredients are mostly Indian. I was going through a lot of recipes in my head and came up with a chocolate based desert. Who doesn’t love chocolate? Whether its breakfast, lunch, dinner or a midnight snack, one doesn’t think twice before gorging on it.

This recipe took a lot of time to think. Basic ingredients had to be chocolate and milk/cream and I was thinking on the lines of a mousse or a fudge. I randomly went through my kitchen cupboard and looked at all the stuff I had store board. The very first ingredient I found was condensed milk. After that it didn’t take me much time to bring together the remaining elements. Mum in law usually gets us a lot of dry fruits from the Middle East so they were going to be a part of my dish as well. Have to mention and brag a bit here that my in-laws and husband loved the smooth n nutty texture during my sampling sessions!  I asked them all for help in suggesting a name for this dish and after lot of thinking I said “chocolicious” would sound good but husband felt it had to be something more interesting and not so commonly used. And he said, "since it’s so tempting and sinful let’s call it Choco-Vicious!" I couldn’t agree more and just went with the apt title!

Ingredients:


½ litre milk
400gms condensed milk
Sugar 2-3 tbsp
Cocoa Powder 2 tbsp
Chopped Dark Chocolate 1 cup
Butter 1 tbsp (unsalted)
Chopped walnuts 3-4 tbsp
Vanilla essence 2 drops
Roasted desiccated coconut or grated white chocolate

Cooking Process:


1: In a heavy bottomed non stick pan, mix the milk, condensed milk, sugar, cocoa powder and dark chocolate and once it boils add the butter and cook till it thickens.

2: Keep stirring for about 20 minutes till the mixture thickens and is paste like but not too firm.

3: Switch off the flame, add the vanilla essence and walnuts and mix well.

4: Cool and pour into individual glasses and leave to chill for 2-3 hours.

5: Grate some white chocolate or roasted desiccated coconut and serve.

Tip:

If you just want to enjoy the chocolate without the nuts, just go ahead. I added it as i love dry fruits for their richness and fabulous taste

Follow my page on facebook:  www.facebook.com/aarti.david



9 comments:

  1. Very easy recipe.. looks delicious !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes shobha... all my recipes are stress free and simple.. thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..awesome post and pictures Arati...wish to taste now :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks rani.. sure we should all meet up someday for a potluck :)

      Delete
  4. choco-vicious wow anything chocolate am in-just amazing Aarti...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey chitra, im a chocolate lover too! thanks by the way for your comments :)

      Delete
  5. Amazing and delicious recipe... Perfect recipe for a choco lover like me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. At this point you'll find out what is important, it all gives a url to the appealing page: OrganicDonkey Milk Soap

    ReplyDelete