Saturday 26 October 2013

My Love n Passion For Culinary

Cooking has been a part of my life since I was a little kid. Back then i wasn't into it too much but would chop veggies or probably cook easy meals just to help out mom. But since the past 6-7 years i've been hooked on to the art of cooking, discovering new ingredients, how they can be used, their origin, etc.. every aspect of it thrills me! Grandma and dad were extraordinary cooks, they would put their heart n soul into whatever they would cook. Mom's a fabulous cook as well but probably isn't that interested in it as they were so I'm sure that this interest has seeped into me through my grandma and dad. And I'm so thankful to them for this gift!

I still remember most of our Christmas holidays would go in a number of food preps. Grandma, dad, mom and me and sometimes our cousins or friends would join in and we would sit in a large circle singing and playing Christmas carols as we would make rose cookies, kul kuls, cakes, etc.. Some memories can never be forgotten. Although now at present after my grandma and dad passed away we don't do it often. But now since my interest in cooking has increased and gone deeper, just thought of bringing back those days all over again specially now as my lil son will be excited for the holiday season and I would like him to know what Christmas in the family is all about.

Cooking to me is like water to a thirsty soul! As ridiculously dramatic it sounds, I couldn't find anything more apt to explain its significance in my life. It calms me when im in the kitchen, learning about various ingredients brings me such excitement and when im done with a dish and internally know that it's going to taste good it gives me so much satisfaction and a sense of pleasure. Ive been baking cakes and cupcakes for friends and family for quite sometime now and the happiness i see on their faces after tasting it makes me want to do it even more.I love learning and trying out new recipes every single day. One would find me forever watching cookery shows either on television or on the internet. As if this isn't enough I even downloaded a number of apps that are cookery related! My husband initially would get a little annoyed seeing me hooked up to these shows(even repeat telecasts!) but slowly he understood and began to support my love for food. So now if he happens to catch me capturing pictures of my dishes that I have prepared, he sweetly gets his camera to click a few pictures himself! Unlike before where I would hear "not again" reactions! And that's such a motivation for me.

Now since i have begun a blog specially for different cuisines, life has become more meaningful and exciting. Because now i get to do what i'm most keen on, to try out more and more new recipes and also master the ones i already know and keep posting them. Its never been this good!

Follow my page on facebook:  www.facebook.com/aarti.david

4 comments:

  1. Waiting for your recipes so that I don't miss my sister food staying here at USA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha sure I will put up all kinds of recipes for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely post :) Welcome to the world of blogging :)

    ReplyDelete